Outdoor Research Salamander Gaiters
No matter if its a drizzle or a steady downpour, these waterproof gaiters will keep feet and footwear dry on a rainy approach. The boot section is molded to conform to the shape of your footwear and reaches nearly to the toe of your boot. The sidewalls extend down the edges of boots so even in soggy bushwhacking, your feet will stay dry from the elements. While not intended for snow, these gaiters provide superior protection in rainy conditions.
- INTENDED USAGE:Full rain protection for hiking and approach footwear
- Waterproof/breathable 3-layer 50D ripstop Ventia™ fabric leg section
- Waterproof Cordura® boot section
- Cordura® boot section is formed with a polyethylene sheet for full, top-of-boot rain protection
- Fully seam taped for waterproofness
- 1-inch wide hook/loop rear-entry closure
- Elastic top edge
- Hook/loop shear tabs at top and bottom of rear closure prevent separation
- Double-riveted boot lace hook
- Urethane-coated nylon instep strap
Purchase the Outdoor Research Salamander Gaiters from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- February 1 2010
mostly very happy with these
Did what they advertised.. Kept my feet dry and snow out of my boot! They ran tight around my calf but other than that they were perfect. The top plastic tongue kept the lacing areas of my boots totally protected.
- January 1 2010
These are the best gaiters, the hard plastic top keeps my hiking boots dry from the rain. And the mid calf length keeps my socks clean and dry.
- December 23 2009
do what theyre supposed to.
Use them to keep my feet dry while cycling. Rain always got in around my neoprene and windstopper booties. These do the trick in cold rain with my winter cycling shoes.
- January 31 2012
Hiking when wet
Be sure to put the gators under your rain pants otherwise the water can run down and get into the top of the shoe. Provides great protection from debris and rain. I have leather shoes that I waterproofed and with the Salamanders only the very bottom edge of the shoes even get exposed to water. Much better than the normal gators that only protect the top of your shoe.
- March 17 2011
I use these gaiters for farming and some other field works. The gaiters keep my feet dry and prevent from getting dirty even it is powling. The durability is also great. If the belt completely fits my foot, this stuff would be perfect.