Outdoor Research Alpine Alibi Ii Gloves
Designed for ice climbing at altitude, the revamped Alpine Alibi Ii Gloves from Outdoor Research combine superb dexterity and gip with serious warmth and protection. The gloves are built of weather-resistant stretch soft shell fabric for a secure, comfortable fit, with a waterproof/breathable GORE-TEX insert to keep hands shielded from the weather and allow perspiration to escape during highly aerobic activity. Insulated with PrimaLoft One, and featuring a Pittards Armortan leather palm which retains a secure gip even when wet - the Alpine Alibi II is the ideal glove for precise tool handling in extreme conditions.
- Material: Shell - Waterproof, breathable GORE-TEX® insert with X-TRAFIT® technology
- Stretch soft shell construction
- Insulation: PrimaLoft®
- Insulation: 170 g on back of hand and thumb; smooth tricot lining
- Palm: Pittards® Armortan® Leather palm wraps around thumb and index finger for abrasion resistance and solid gip of tools and on belay
- Leather palm overlay for reinforcement against abrasion with center cut out for bulk-free gip
- Heat pack pockets on gauntlet and back of hand
- Carabiner loop on back of hand
- Soft nose wipe on thumb
- SuperCinch gauntlet closure
- Removable Idiot Cord
- Weight: 12.2 oz, 345.8 g
Purchase the Outdoor Research Alpine Alibi Ii Gloves from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- January 4 2012
The gloves are very warm and perform as advertised. I used them for snowboarding recently and my hands never got cold. The one small gripe that I have about the gloves is that it is fairly thick. It is not really a bad thing since the thickness of the gloves is what makes it warm. However, the thickness will prevent you from putting the gloves in your side coat/jacket pocket.