Outdoor Research Highland Bivy
Whether hunkering down in a solid rain or keeping mid-summer mosquitoes away, the waterproof Outdoor Research Highland Bivy provides a comfortable respite from a long day. Breathable fabric, no-see-um mesh at the opening, and a main zipper that is easily adjustable from the inside allow body heat and carbon dioxide to escape without letting in rain or critters.
- Waterproof/breathable 2-layer Pertex DS stretch ripstop fabric
- Durable Hydroseal coated waterproof nylon floor
- Fully taped seams
- Single overhead shock-corded Delrin pole
- No-see-um netting at opening
- End-opening zipper with wide storm flap
- Sleeping pad straps (pat. #5,941,264)
- Sized to fit thicker mats
- Five stake loops, one guy line loop
- High-volume foot section
- Small internal mesh pocket
Purchase the Outdoor Research Highland Bivy from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- June 11 2010
Hello, I ordered the highland bivy and set it up on the wet ground after a heavy rain for two days. Granted this setup was in extreme wet conditions but I still feel like it was a legit test. I got settled in for the night...which was clear skies, and after zipping up left about 8 x 4inches of ventilation gap in the zipper. I feel asleep but woke up off and on during the night with a damp feeling inside the bivy. It was dark so I didn't really know what was getting wet until morning. Dawns light revealed the problem. Even when providing enough ventilation, the highland bivy had major condensation problems and the morning light revealed very wet inside walls and a wet sleeping bag where ever the bag touched the walls of the bivy. Back to the drawing board Outdoor Research!