Outdoor Research Women's Ferrosi Hoodie
Like magic, the Women's Ferrosi Hoodie from Outdoor Research is never too hot but always blocks shiver-inducing wind and light rain on an exposed belay high off the deck. The highly breathable soft shell construction offers ample stretch for smooth movement and tough, abrasion-resistant protection for the rough and rugged alpine and rock environments. Ideal for dawn-to-dusk climbing objectives or spring skiing, it's easy to see why the Ferrosi has become a favorite of our athletes and OR staffers.
- Durable, breathable, soft shell stretch fabric shoulders; 91% Cordura®/ 9% Lycra® with a DWR fnish
- Abrasion and wind-resistant, nylon/spandex stretch-woven ripstop body and cuff panels; 89% ripstop nylon/ 11% spandex
- Dual-pull adjustable hood
- Front zipper with internal chin guard; off-set at neck for comfort
- Two zippered hand pockets; left pocket doubles as a stuff sack with biner loop
- Zippered napoleon pocket
- Single drawcord hem adjustment
- Air permeability rated at 9.0CFM
- Weight: 11.6oz, 328.86g
Purchase the Outdoor Research Ferrosi Hoodie for Women from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- December 12 2010
lightweight protective shield
I too was surprised that this hoodie was so lightweight given its "soft shell" claim and price, but it has become one of my favorite spring/early fall jackets precisely because it is lightweight. It's moderately wind & water resistant, and wrinkle resistant too, so it looks smart around town as well as on the hiking trail. It works well with one layer underneath, or two thin ones. Sleeves are long enough for me (broad shoulders, long arms), and there is a cool detail of elastic on the underside of wrist but not on top so you keep those sleeves secure and wrists warm without the puff sleeve effect! Nice. I'm 5'6" 125 lb and size M is perfect, just a little roomy but not baggy. Liked it so much I bought a second one.
- December 22 2009
It was a little lighter weight than what I tough but it will definitely work for who it's for. It's for a Christmas present.