Patagonia Freewheeler Max
Our classic long-haul cargo carrier makes packing for big trips much, much easier. The Maxs cavernous main compartment swallows all the clothing you need and holds sundries in an interior mesh pocket. Shoes and gear go in a zippered end section, separated by a floating baffle that allows you to adjust the volume of each compartment. The light-colored lining makes contents easy to find. A retractable two-position handle steers the load, which rolls smoothly on sturdy 80-mm wheels that provide plenty of clearance. Haul handles at either end and a leather grip provide carrying options. External compression straps keep contents in place, while batten supports keep the bag standing upright and collapse for easy storage. Made from tough 1,200-denier polyester (100 recycled) that has a polyurethane coating and DWR (durable water repellent) finish; with a molded foam and ballistics nylon bottom.
- 123 L (7500 cu in) 29" x 17" x 15.5"
- Main compartment holds load
- Zippered end compartment holds shoes and quick-access items
- Interior mesh pocket holds toiletries
- Light-colored lining makes things easy to find
- Smooth-rolling 80-mm wheels provide plenty of clearance
- Impact-resistant skidplates
- Molded bottom pan resists abrasion and protects contents; two-position retractable handle makes steering easy; haul handles at either end; external compression straps; id tag; batten supports on sides keep bag standing and collapse for easy storage; Freightliner is a registered trademark of Freightliner Corp. used with permission
- Upper: 1,200-denier polyester (100% recycled). Lining: 200-denier polyester. Both are coated with polyurethane and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Bottom: Molded foam and ballistics cloth
- 4763 g (10 lbs 8 oz)
Purchase the Patagonia Freewheeler Max from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- July 30 2009
Excellent quality and great value when on sale
First quality large volume bag. It has excellent capacity, excellent construction, with strong wheels and handle or carrying straps. It also has the added advantage of folding almost flat when not in use. This is particularly helpful for storage either at home or while traveling - something you don't get with the large Tumi bags.
- June 12 2009
Business travelers dream
Ive had Freightliner Max since previous generation for years. The latest model has many new design change from the previous model, and they are all excellent. I like the fact that bottom section is a separate compartment now, good place to keep my business suits in eagle creek sleeve. The bottom grab handle has been moved up, keeping off from gavages picking up from the street. They also added a few extra organization pockets which are plus. Not everything is perfect, however. For instance the small pocket on the top doest seem to stay closed when I tried to grab the bag at the handle located right above. The eco-friendly poly material feel really cheap compare to the old nylon. Overall this is a great travel bag, I mainly use it for business travel and living out of it for weeks a time. Ive only used it for vacation once, but they worked great also.