Patagonia Men's Micro Puff Pants
Predawn starts and forced bivies have a way of demonstrating why serious backcountry users love the Patagonia Micro Puff Pants. Lightweight and soft, these pants now use PrimaLoft Eco synthetic insulation (polyester that's 50% recycled) for superb wet-weather performance, lower bulk and greater compressibility, all while maintaining warmth. The durable ripstop shell is made from 100% polyester that's 90% recycled (1.3-oz 22-denier), blocks wind, and has a snow- and water-shedding DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Details: a 2-way zip fly; water-resistant full side-zips with snap closures at the cuffs; a partially elasticized waist with hook-and-loop adjustment tabs; articulated knees; reinforced seat and knees.
- The Men's Micro Puff Pants provide lightweight, windproof, water-resistant insulation that's compressible and warm
- Shell: 1.3-oz 22-denier 100% polyester (90% recycled) double ripstop with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- Reinforcements: 1.2-oz 40-denier 100% polyester (50% recycled) with a DWR finish
- Lining: 1.4-oz 22-denier 100% all-recycled polyester with a DWR finish
- Insulation: 100-g PrimaLoft® Eco polyester (50% recycled)
- Recyclable through the Common Threads Recycling Program
- Tough, recycled, lightweight fabric is DWR (durable water repellent) treated for wet weather performance
- 100-gram PrimaLoft® Eco insulation is warm, even when wet, durable and compressible
- Elasticized waist with gripper elastic in back and hook-and-loop adjustment tabs
- 2-way zippered fly
- Fully separating, 2-way side zips with DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- Articulated knees
- Reinforced seat and knees; elasticized cuffs with snap closures
- Regular fit
- Weight: 493 g (17.4 oz)
Purchase the Patagonia Micro Puff Pants for Men from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- January 21 2009
Great, super lightweight super warm!!
A very high quality belay pant if you need to sit or stand for extended periods in cold weather and you want a layer that you can put on or take off quickly, even over crampons or skis this is it.
- June 6 2009
Lightweight and Warm
Easy on and off with full side zips. Very lightweight and warm.
- August 1 2011
Not recommended FOR WOMEN
Unfortunately Patagonia does not make insulated pants for women, so I took a chance and ordered these in a mens size XS to see if they could work for me (I am normally a Patagonia womens size S in). The material is the typical micro puff material (same as the older micro puff jackets) - VERY warm, and still fairly compressible, though not as thin as the newer micro or nano puff materials. Unfortunately the fit just did not work for me - I am somewhat petite (5'3"), but needed to roll the waistband down twice in order for the waist to work (otherwise it would have been at or above belly button). I decided it would be too difficult to tailor, due to the full size zips. A pity these did not work for me - I eagerly await the day when Patagonia makes these for women! In the meantime I do not recommend these for women unless you are very tall. Another side note, the seat and knees are not reinforced, which made me wonder about durability. I think these would be great as a base layer (under a shell) or just around camp, but I wouldn't wear them standalone as an outer layer.