Patagonia MLC Wheelie
Roll up the ramp, past the crowd at the baggage carousel and out the door with the Patagonia MLC Wheelie, a slightly more structured version of our utilitarian MLC (Maximum Legal Carry-on). Redesigned this season to include a super robust wheel package and an improved handle for better steering and control, ergonomics and durability. Trimming 1.5 pounds from its overall weight, the MLC Wheelis features a removable toiletry organizer comes with hooks to hang it on a hotel room door. It holds three to five days' worth of clothing in its main compartment, which is equipped with an adjustable mesh laundry pocket and a gusseted sleeve for dirty clothing. A padded internal zipper pocket carries electronics or toiletries, another protects a 15-inch or smaller laptop, while a third provides easy access to travel docs and vital gear. When the going gets bumpy, you can shoulder the load with backpack straps that hide away when not in use. Built with a 1,200-denier recycled polyester exterior and a 200-denier polyester lining; both have a polyurethane coating and DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
- A more structured, wheeled-version of our ever-popular MLC, this suitcase holds 3-5 days' worth of clothes, meets strict airline carry-on requirements and is made with recycled fabric
- Body: 1,200-denier 100% all-recycled polyester
- Lining: 200-denier polyester
- Both have a polyurethane coating and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- Main zippered compartment has adjustable mesh laundry pocket that doubles as a compression divider, gusseted sleeve for dirty clothes and padded internal zipper pocket for electronics or toiletries
- Second zippered compartment is padded for safe laptop transport
- Third zippered pocket is designed to hold and provide easy access to airline tickets and passport
- Fourth zippered pocket provides easy one-handed access to portable office organizer
- Padded base provides structure and protects contents
- Improved pull handle design for better steering and control, ergonomics and durability
- Fabric handle for hand-carrying; can also carry as a backpack with straps that stowaway in a zippered compartment; in backpack mode; the latest in wheel technology; corners are curved to eliminate sharp edges vulnerable to abrasion; holds 15-inch laptop or smaller
- Volume: 25 L (1550 cu in)
- Dimensions: 22" x 14" x 9"
- Weight: 3033 g (6lbs 11 oz)
Purchase the Patagonia MLC Wheelie from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- August 21 2011
Another great Patagonia product. I travelled with this bag to Russia. The bag looks deceptively small but you can fit just about everything into it. Very compact for airplanes and the wheels work great. Just knowing that you have the double lifetime warranty from Altrec and Patagonia makes this product great. Would recommend it to anybody.
- April 23 2011
Perfect Carry On Rollin' Bag!
Like butta, this thing rolls smoothly and fits perfectly even in the small regional flights overhead compartments. Its small but has a surprising amount of space. Also has some good little compartments. Plus I look like a smart traveler in the airport
- October 2 2010
the perfect carry on
Patagonia gets it right again! This is a smart looking, streamlined and light weight carry on with lots of room plus great pockets inside!
- September 18 2010
Great travel bag for short trips
Holds a lot more than you may think. Very convenient size is a guaranteed fit as a carryon bag, yet can hold a good amount for a 4-5 day trip (assuming you are a fairly light packer). Its nice to be able to carry this bag in diferent ways - rollers, backpack, side handle, top handle...Overall a very versatilte and high quality product.