Patagonia Women's Capilene 3 Crew
Our most versatile baselayer for the broadest range of temperatures, quick-wicking Capilene 3 has a brushed interior that retains heat and a smooth jersey exterior that provides superior glide for snag-free layering. The slightly fitted silhouette affords a bulk-free fit without compromising mobility. Shoulder and side seams on the tops are thoughtfully placed to reduce friction from a climbing sling, pack or luggage straps. The look is streamlined. Made of quick-wicking, fast-drying and insulative 64% post-consumer recycled (and 100% recyclable) Capilene 3 polyester, with Gladiodor natural odor control. Imported. Common Threads Recycling ProgramResearch shows that the environmental impact of recycling worn-out Capilene base layers into new polyester fiber is significantly lower than making that same fiber from virgin materials. Taking into account that worn-out garments are diverted from trash incinerators, making new polyester fiber from recycled garments results in an energy savings of 76% and a CO2 emissions [greenhouse gasses] reduction of 71%, versus creating that fiber from new raw material. Capilene Core PerformanceCapilene base layers afford quick-drying, next-to-skin moisture management for all activities in all conditions ? from high-altitude bivies to sun-soaked water sports. Learn more
- Dense "honeycomb" fabric is brushed to boost thermal value, softness, and compressibility; glides smoothly within layering systems
- Insulative, breathable, and moisture-managing fabric offers long-lasting comfort hiking, cross-country skiing, and climbing; Our most versatile baselayer fabric
- Flat-seam construction provides clean, finished look with fine thread for 'barely there' seaming
- Yoke, shoulder panels and raglan sleeves merge out of the way of bib, pack, or wader straps
- Side seams are rolled forward for chafe-free mobility and added comfort under hip belt; Shaped hem provides tailored look and reduced bulk when tucked in
- Self-fabric crew collar
- 4.8 oz. 64% post-consumer recycled and 36% virgin polyester impregnated with Gladiodor anti-odor finish; 100% recyclable polyester
- 170 g. (6 oz.)
Purchase the Patagonia Capilene 3 Crew for Women from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- January 22 2011
Great base layer
Great product...warm enough on cold days and not too warm on warmer days. Wicks moisture away so you stay dry. The perfect base layer for any winter day.
- November 27 2010
Outdoor work-cap is great!
I work outdoors for a living-the ability to layer is important-this layer is not bulky, breathes well, and is toasty. Alone the capilene 3 is altogether toasty also. Excellent choice for those who have to deal with the climate.....
- October 4 2010
Great All Around Cool Weather Top
I wear this top for my winter equestrian activities, a stand alone piece which functions just as well as a baselayer. Keeps me warm but wicks moisture away as I exercise. Nice looking, fits well.
- June 30 2010
Great Layering Top
I love this Capilene top. The fit is very trim and flattering. And it makes a wonderful baselayer for very cold or damp days. Alone the crew neck makes a great looking top over shorts, pants or jeans.
- May 30 2010
Excellent baselayer but not for extreme cold
I love all things Patagonia and I stand by their trusty baselayers. However, I recently took this on a winter trip to Europe and unfortunately there was an extreme cold snap (about 0 to -5 F) and it was not enough even with multiple layers. Although I think only a heavy down jacket would have kept me warm.