Patagonia Baby Puff Rider Jacket
A personal furnace for little ones: the Baby Puff Rider Jacket from Patagonia warm insulation and weather-resistant shell keep them dry when the skies unload. The durable shell is made of soft polyester ripstop with a Deluge DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Insulated with lightweight, compressible 200-g Quallofil polyester, this jacket maintains its warmth even in wet conditions. The diamond-quilted construction reduces bulk, and a durable polyester lining glides smoothly over layers. Reinforced 2-layer waterproof panels over the elbows and handwarmer pockets add abrasion-resistance and prevent wet-through. Other details include a warm, soft, head-hugging elasticized hood that is now removable, elasticized cuffs, a full-length wind flap and a zipper garage to eliminate chin chafe. The jacket won't ride up and "grow-fit" stitches in the sleeves allow for an extra inch of growing room. With a hand-me-down ID label inside and a reflective logo. Recyclable through the Common Threads Recycling Program.
- Fabric: Shell: 3.5-oz 100% polyester variable-ripstop fade. Reinforcements: 2-layer 5.6-oz 100% polyester with a waterproof/breathable H2No® barrier. Shell and reinforcements have with a Deluge® DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Lining: 2-oz 100% polyester plain weave. Insulation: 200-g Quallofil® polyester. Recyclable through the Common Threads Recycling Program
- Soft, ripstop polyester shell treated with a Deluge® DWR (durable water repellent) is highly water-resistant
- Reinforced 2-layer waterproof panels over the elbows and handwarmer pockets prevent wet-through and add abrasion resistance
- 200-g Quallofil® insulation is lightweight, compressible and insulates even when wet
- Diamond-quilted construction reduces bulk and maintains even warmth; elastic in back hem provides a protective and secure fit
- Polyester lining is durable and glides smoothly over underlayers
- Removable snap hood with 3-panel construction and elasticized sides for secure fit
- Elasticized cuffs, patched handwarmer pockets; full-length wind flap behind zipper with a zipper garage to eliminate chin chafe; grow-fit stitch in sleeves allow for 2" more growing room; hand-me-down ID label inside; reflective logo
- 382 g (13.5 oz)
Purchase the Patagonia Baby Puff Rider Jacket from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- February 17 2012
Great toddler jacket, in dry cold weather
We bought this for our four year old for his winter jacket this year. It fits great, comfortable, warm, not too bulky, and an easy on and off hood. And he likes to wear it which is a big plus with a toddler! The biggest downside of this jacket is it's lack of waterproofness. The product description is correct in saying that this jacket is "weather resistant", meaning it will be fine in a light drizzle or dry snowstorm for a little while. But if your little one likes to roll in the snow, this probably is not the jacket for them. The material is a soft, porous nylon, which feels a bit like a sleeping bag. After direct contact with snow and rain it start to absorb the water, rather than repel it. This is a great around town, in and out of the car, type jacket.