Patagonia Critical Mass Bag
Climbers have haul bags, commuters have the Patagonia Critical Mass Bag. Downsized slightly this season for easier carrying, this bike bag still holds enough gear for a full day without bogging you down. It has padding on the back and along the contoured base to protect contents and provide structure. The main compartment features a drop pocket that secures with a hook-and-loop tab, a mesh pocket for visibility, a padded electronics pocket, pen sleeves and a secure zippered pocket. A padded computer sleeve suspends a 17-inch or smaller laptop off the ground to keep it safe from hard knocks. The front flap overlaps both sides of the bag to thwart rain; it has a pocket that closes with a water-resistant zipper. An external side pocket holds a phone, power cords or water bottle. Its no-slip shoulder strap is fully adjustable, and the waist strap stows away when not in use. With a topside carrying handle, a reflective panel for visibility at night and a bike-light mount. Made of 600-denier recycled polyester with a polyurethane coating and a Deluge DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
- Fabric: Body: 8.4-oz 600-denier 100% recycled polyester
- Lining: 3.3-oz 200-denier polyester
- Both have a polyurethane coating and a Deluge® DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- Main flap opens to largest compartment, which houses one drop pocket, one mesh pocket, one padded electronics pocket, three slots for pens and a discrete and secure zippered pocket
- Zippered pocket on flap has moisture-shedding reverse coil zipper
- Interior padded computer sleeve is raised off the ground and will accommodate up to a 17-inch laptop
- Sleeve secures with a buckle and strap
- Front flap features improved reflective piping and webbing bike-light mount for visibility at night
- Side mounted exterior water bottle pocket
- Interior drop pocket secures with hook and loop tab for quick access to boarding passes, magazines or newspapers
- Fully adjustable shoulder strap with floating pad, three point adjustable stability strap and top side carrying handle
- 30 L (1831 cu in)
- Fits a 17-inch laptop
- Weight: 893 g (2 lbs)
Purchase the Patagonia Critical Mass Bag from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- November 10 2010
great bag for your laptop and your work stuff! the color is great and the construction is good.
- September 15 2010
Finally a bag that holds everything I need in one bag, for both me and my dog! I was tired of carrying multiple bags and the critical mass bag carries it all, now I just have to worry about it not being too heavy for me to carry!
- June 28 2010
I'm loving it.... Awesome bag!
What a great bag. It lets me take my work, my laptop, lunch and more without feeling overwhelmed..... and best of all...only one bag! Thanks so much.
- June 1 2010
Great Big Bag!
I was really surprised by how big this bag is. This bag has a laptop pocket and still enough room for anything else you might want to carry.
- May 25 2010
Impressive messenger back.
This has all the bells and whistles you could ask for. If anything it is bigger than expected. If uncertain, go for the next size down unless you plan on carrying the kitchen sink.