Patagonia Kid's Torrentshell Jacket
Sending your little grom out into the teeth of winter can be laced with uncertainty, but with the Patagonia Torrentshell Jacket for Kid's there's no worries about them coming back all grins. This ripstop nylon ripstop shell is tough and compressible with a stout waterproof/breathable H2Nobarrier and a DelugeDWR (durable water repellent) finish that resists whatever weather or shenanigans that come their way. A polymer matrix pattern on the inside allows the jacket to slide easily over layers and works to channel moisture away from skin. Additional weatherproofing includes fully sealed seams; a hood with a built-in foam visor and elasticized sides that fits over caps and beanies, a full-front zip with a hook-and-loop-closure storm flap, chin guard, micro-adjusting elasticized cuffs, and an internal drawcord at the hem to batten down the hatches. The Torrentshell also supplies plenty of room for special finds with its zippered side handwarmer pockets and one inside drop-in pocket.
- Fabric: 2.5-layer, 2.6-oz 50-denier nylon ripstop with a waterproof/breathable H2No®barrier and a Deluge®DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- Fully seam sealed; polymer matrix pattern on inside slides easily over layers, channels moisture away from skin and protects the waterproof/breathable H2No barrier
- Full front-zip with hook-and-loop closure storm flap, chin guard; zippered side pockets, one inside drop-in pocket
- Internal drawcord at hem to secure fit; raglan sleeves eliminate shoulder seams and relax the fit
- Micro-adjustment elasticized cuff with hook-and-loop closure to seal out the elements
- Hood has elasticized sides to improve peripheral vision
- Built-in foam insert visor sheds rain and cuts glare
- Reflective zipper pulls on handwarmer pockets; reflective piping across back yoke
- Weight: 260 g (9.2 oz)
Purchase the Patagonia Torrentshell Jacket for Kids from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- October 14 2011
Not for Kids Only!
I'm only 5 feet tall. Therefore, the technical jacket for most adults is too big for me. The sleeves are a bit short, but It's No Sweat. When I pay more 10 dollars, will they adopt pit zips? This is the best rain and wind jacket for shorty woman.
- August 5 2011
It comes as no surprise that this is an awesome jacket. Patagonia's quality is top notch. Pricey but worth every penny. I used to buy Patagonia just for me and my husband but now buy for my son's as well. I used to think that it was nuts to spend that much money on a jacket that a kid will quickly outgrow. Well, I'm an idiot. The extra money is WAY worth it when you're talking about keeping your kid warm and dry. Patagonia outerwear is the best. This jacket is no exception. Outstanding. Patagonia tends to run a bit generous (allows for layering) but not an issue with this jacket. The sleeves can be cinched down so they fit at the wrist. Given my experience in the past with Patagonia with our kids - we'll get at least 2 years worth of wear out of this jacket before our oldest son outgrows it and another 2 years wear with our second son. And the jacket will still look and wear great. Love how this layers over fleece. Makes for a ton of wearing options.
- July 3 2011
bought this for my little girl for the monsoon season here in seoul, korea and it has been very useful. as with most patagonia products, it's well made and functional. will definitely get one for my little boy in the future as well.