Patagonia Men's Capilene 4 Expedition Weight Crew
Be prepared for autumn's unexpected temperature changes in the Men's Capilene 4 Expedition Weight Crew from Patagonia. Its soft knit interior retains heat, while its smooth exterior glides easily under layers. A cozy, rolled-out neckline warms and comforts; panel piecing ensures superior fit, with flat-locked seams for zero irritation. Made from 50% recycled (and 100% recyclable) polyester from Patagonia's Common Threads Recycling Program, with a Gladiodornatural odor control finish. Imported. Common Threads Recycling ProgramResearch shows that the environmental impact of recycling worn-out Capilene base layers into new polyester fiber is significantly lower than making that same fiber from virgin materials. Taking into account that worn-out garments are diverted from trash incinerators, making new polyester fiber from recycled garments results in an energy savings of 76% and a CO2 emissions [greenhouse gasses] reduction of 71%, versus creating that fiber from new raw material. Capilene Core PerformanceCapilene base layers afford quick-drying, next-to-skin moisture management for all activities in all conditions ? from high-altitude bivies to sun-soaked water sports
- Fabric: 5.3-oz (Polartec® Power Dry®) 93% polyester (50% recycled) 7% spandex with Gladiodor® natural odor control
- Fabric's unique interior grid structure is warm for its weight, moisture-wicking, and highly compressible without being clingy
- Smooth jersey face slides easily against overlayers
- Non-traditional panel piecing assures superior fit, seams are positioned out of the way for zero irritation
- Crew collar is rolled out for neck comfort plus greater warmth; Forward-set shoulder seams eliminate pack or wader strap rub
- Extra-soft side panels are stretchy and highly breathable
- Flat-seam construction with "barely-there" seam stitching provides clean, finished look
- 100% recyclable through the Common Threads Recycling Program
- Weight: 238 g (8.4 oz)
Purchase the Patagonia Capilene 4 Expedition Weight Crew for Men from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- December 23 2011
It is a very warm base layer and could provide great warmth in winter. The new material is very breathable and quick dry . I am still very satisfied with it.
- June 22 2011
Very warm baselayer. It could provide much warmth in last winter. I have a old version one. This new version is more breathable and quick dry than old one. But it's a little larger than old one. It fits me not very well. I am still very satisfied with it. I don't fear any cold weather.
- March 17 2011
Worth every penny!
If you are going skiing, hiking/camping or climbing in cold weather climates were the temperatures will be below the 40`s all day, this item needs to be on your back or in your pack! Patagonia`s Capilene 4 Expedition weight is worth every penny! I`m a firm believer in capilene 3, but this is a better, warmer base layer! I will order more sets!
- January 11 2011
Capilene 4 Crew
The capilene 4 crew is an exceptionally warm and comfortable base layer.It has the softest lining of all the capilene base layers.This a must have for any cold weather activity at temps. below 40 degrees.
- January 10 2011
Another fine product from Patagonia
Capilene 4 Crew shirt can be worn as a base layer in very cold weather, but I tend to wear mine under a jacket in moderate cold climate. It is plenty warm and comfortable. The material is plush. For lighter and less bulky, Cap 3 is a good option. It's little expensive but worth it.