Patagonia Men's Capilene 4 Expedition Weight Full Zip
Layer up in the Men's Capilene 4 Expedition Weight Zip Neck from Patagonia when winter turns snarly. This full-zip is designed to make regulating your internal climate easy when you're on the move. Streamlined "barely there" seams cause no chafe while providing a tailored, trim fit. An angled, low-profile zippered chest pocket holds lip balm or MP3 player and can be easily accessed beneath bibs, waders or pack straps. The extra tail length keeps the heat in and the elements out. Made of 50% recycled (and 100% recyclable) polyester from Patagonia's Common Threads Recycling Program, with a Gladiodornatural odor control finish. Imported. Common Threads Recycling ProgramResearch shows that the environmental impact of recycling worn-out Capilene base layers into new polyester fiber is significantly lower than making that same fiber from virgin materials. Taking into account that worn-out garments are diverted from trash incinerators, making new polyester fiber from recycled garments results in an energy savings of 76% and a CO2 emissions [greenhouse gasses] reduction of 71%, versus creating that fiber from new raw material. Capilene Core PerformanceCapilene base layers afford quick-drying, next-to-skin moisture management for all activities in all conditions ? from high-altitude bivies to sun-soaked water sports.
- Fabric: 5.3-oz (Polartec® Power Dry®) 93% polyester (50% recycled) 7% spandex with Gladiodor® natural odor control
- Stretchy comfort and unrestricted mobility with excellent base-layer performance
- Fabric's unique interior grid structure is warm for its weight, moisture-wicking, and highly compressible without being clingy
- Smooth jersey face slides easily against overlayers
- Curvilinear fabric piecing provides streamlined silhouette and an enhanced, trim fit
- Full front zip neck provides easy internal climate control, with "garaged" zipper ends for a finished look;
- Forward-set shoulder seams eliminate pack or wader strap rub
- Fine-gauge chest zipper holds essentials; angled, high placement enables easy access while wearing bibs, waders, or backpack
- Extra-soft underarm panels are stretchy and highly breathable; Flat-seam construction with "barely-there" seam stitching provides clean, finished look
- 100% recyclable through the Common Threads Recycling Program
- Weight: 156 g. (5.5 oz.)
Purchase the Patagonia Capilene 4 Expedition Weight Full Zip for Men from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- March 11 2011
I purchased the grey medium capilene 4. I generally wear large in athletic fit clothes (I'm 5'9 180lbs with broad shoulders and 42 chest) but this top fits a llttle loser and strecthes. It has a soft lining and is well built. I have worn it under my ski jacket with just a t-shirt and it has kept me warm in temps around 20 degrees while I was snowboarding.
- February 3 2011
Full zip rocks
I own the capalene 4 with and without the full zip and love the full zipper version because you can regulate the warmth and it has hand pockets that are comfy too. Both advantages over the non-full zip version in my opinion since it's pretty warm and it's nice to unzip it to cool down while skiing or whatever. As a bonus, dog hair doesn't seem to stick to it either. Great option - I wear it all the time.
- March 8 2011
Warm & Light
This new Capilene 4 shirt is warm enough to wear in cold winter as a baselayer.It may be wearable without an outer in not so severe chilly condition.Yet it is quite light and soft. It is stretchy as well. So it feels like fleese.Only one thing I mind is whether it is tough enough when it is stuck by a sharp twig or something.
- January 26 2011
Good layer on winter hikes
This item works well on those cold day hikes. I've hiked in temps below 10F and had little problem with cold. The best feature of the full zip is on the uphill climbs, I was able to unzip it all the way to control the heat and during stops are on the downhill, zip it up and stay warm.