Patagonia Men's Capilene 4 Expedition Weight Zip Neck
Steelhead stalker by day, film festival critic by night. For your ever-changing identities, keep the Men's Capilene 4 Expedition Weight Zip Neck from Patagonia handy. A cozy, snug-fitting collar and a deep zipper backed by a draft flap allows for handy internal climate control; biometric construction provides a superior, contoured fit with no bulk. Fine thread detailing and flat seams offer a touch of elegance and a smooth hand. The discreet, angled zippered chest pocket is easily accessed beneath bibs or a rain shell. Made of 50% recycled (and 100% recyclable) polyester from Patagonia's Common Threads Recycling Program, with Gladiodornatural odor control. Imported. Common Threads Recycling ProgramResearch shows that the environmental impact of recycling worn-out Capilene base layers into new polyester fiber is significantly lower than making that same fiber from virgin materials. Taking into account that worn-out garments are diverted from trash incinerators, making new polyester fiber from recycled garments results in an energy savings of 76% and a CO2 emissions [greenhouse gasses] reduction of 71%, versus creating that fiber from new raw material. Capilene Core PerformanceCapilene base layers afford quick-drying, next-to-skin moisture management for all activities in all conditions ? from high-altitude bivies to sun-soaked water sports.
- Fabric: 5.3-oz (Polartec® Power Dry®) 93% polyester (50% recycled) 7% spandex with Gladiodor® natural odor control
- Stretchy comfort and unrestricted mobility with excellent base-layer performance
- Fabric's unique interior grid structure is warm for its weight, moisture-wicking, and highly compressible without being clingy
- Smooth jersey face slides easily against overlayers
- Curvilinear fabric piecing provides streamlined silhouette and an enhanced, trim fit
- Zip neck provides easy internal climate control, with "garaged" zipper ends for a finished look;
- Forward-set shoulder seams eliminate pack or wader strap rub
- Fine-gauge chest zipper holds essentials; angled, high placement enables easy access while wearing bibs, waders, or backpack
- Extra-soft underarm panels are stretchy and highly breathable; Flat-seam construction with "barely-there" seam stitching provides clean, finished look
- 100% recyclable through the Common Threads Recycling Program
- Weight: 238 g (8.4 oz)
Purchase the Patagonia Capilene 4 Expedition Weight Zip Neck for Men from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- December 19 2011
Warm and breathable
Great product that was bought as a gift. Fits great and breathable during walks, golfing, hikes, and leisure activities. The half zip provides some added warmth or release of heat when it starts to heat up. 5'10" 155lbs and wears a small.
- December 11 2011
Very Warm and Lightweight
I am 6'1" 200 lbs and have a large. Fits very well in the waste and in the arms. The sleeves are a perfect length. It is very warm and lightweight. I have warn it as a mid layer between a compression thermal top and a hardshell with temps around 0 degrees F while skiing.
- October 19 2011
Ex wt does what promised
per all patagonia products, extremely well made and perfect. ordered to wear as mid layer and as base layer. ordered this one b/c wanted last year's color rather than the new 1980's inspired french paragliding colors. i still havemy 1995 ex wt fleece that i wear around the house and for yard work, and expect this one will last as long. really like the power dry fabric and its stretchy but not too tight. also good as a warm base layer or over as an insulating mid layer. really this is all you need for fall days, climbing, as a ski base/ mid layer. great garment. plusthe quality is top notch.
- March 17 2011
The Capilene 4 Expedition Weight Zip Neck
I have a Capilene 3 Zip Neck in a size XL and the fit was just like the photo indicated, a slim fit. I'm 6' 1" and weigh in at 215 lbs. The Capilene 4 in a size XL is more of a looser fit (see photo) but the zip neck is very snug. With that said, I do like the Cap 4 it definitely keeps you warm. It's a nice base layer to have in your arsenal of winter wear. It was 17 degrees and I wore it under my MHW Parka which kept me totally warm and once I started moving around I was nice and toasty. The Cap 4 performs very well.