Patagonia Men's R2 Jacket
When cutting-edge adventures require adaptability, the Patagonia R2 Jacket for Men takes on the insulation challenge with the versatile, lightweight, compressible, low bulk of R2 performance fleece. A midlayer mountain staple, this fleece jacket features variegated fibers to enhance compressibility, breathability, stretch, warmth, and wind resistance. A breathable stand-alone jacket when you're aerobically on the move during a light and fast endeavor or as an insulating layer under a shell when the mercury plummets, this fleece is the temperature chameleon. Its matte-finished fabric features higher loft from improved variegated fibers with longer insulating tall fibers and denser, supportive short fibers. At the top of the front full length coil zipper the fleece jacket collar and chin flap are lined with Polartec Power Stretch fabric (recycled polyester) for next-to-skin comfort. Subtle performance details include shoulder seams that are set forward for pack-wearing comfort, welded handwarmer pockets with reverse-coil zippers surrounded with Supplex strips for snag-free operation, and zippered chest pocket with welded-in, reverse-coil zipper surrounded with a snag-free nylon strip. Ideal for hiking, climbing, kayaking, and tackling the urban jungle, the slim fitting Patagonia Men's R2 Jacket 100% recyclable through the Common Threads Recycling Program.
- Fabric: Body: 6.1-oz Polartec® Thermal Pro® 97% polyester (64% recycled)/3% spandex. Side panels: 6.6-oz Polartec Power Stretch® 88% polyester (60% recycled)/12% spandex
- Matte-finished R2 fabric is light, with improved stretch, compressible,with great breathability
- Exceptional warmth-to-weight ratio
- R2 fabric features higher loft from improved variegated fibers with longer insulating tall fibers and more dense, supportive short fiber
- Directional knit construction increases dry time and speeds moisture transport
- Collar and chin flap lined with Polartec® Power Stretch fabric (made of recycled polyester) for next-to-skin comfort
- Shoulder seams set forward for pack-wearing comfort
- Full-length front coil zipper
- Zippered chest pocket with welded-in, reverse-coil zipper and surrounding nylon strip for snag-free operation
- Welded handwarmer pockets with reverse-coil zippers and surrounding Supplex® strips for snag-free operation
- 100% recyclable through the Common Threads Recycling Program
- Recommended for: hiking, climbing, kayaking, urban
- Slim fit
- Weight: 371 g, 13.1 oz
Purchase the Patagonia R2 Jacket for Men from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- February 17 2012
I love the entire R line. I previously bought this seasons R1 and R3 and have the R4 from a prior year. Great fit for me in medium, 5'7 and pretty broad shoulders for my height. I primarily use it as a mid layer when the temp starts to dip...nice as casual wear as well as long as it's not too windy.
- February 3 2012
Not oversized like most jackets
I ordered this jacket for my husband, after I saw my son wearing it. I was very pleased with the beautiful color and softness of the fabric. This Patagonia polar fleece fits true to size and not oversized like most jackets. I ordered a M but will return for the size L.
- January 15 2012
Stretchy, great fit, light, warm
I have R1, R2, R3 and R4 and R2 is my favorite. It is very light, warm and does not get in the way during various outdoor activities. I've worn it for hiking, climbing, sking and even golfing. R2 is also very breathable and dries up very quickly. I strongly recommend R2.
- January 4 2012
soft and comfortable
If you're looking for a casual fleece that's great for layering, then this is it. I also wear it alone in the fall or spring, but watch out if it's windy - it doesn't provide any help there. To sum it up, it's everything you expect from Patagonia. Great.