Patagonia Men's Slim Powder Bowl Pants
Some runs are stellar, some purely survival. Patagonia makes the Men's Slim Powder Bowl Pants for the full ride. They have a rugged 2-layer polyester shell that's bonded to a GORE-TEX membrane using GORE-TEX Performance Shell technology for the highest level of waterproof/breathable performance available. A DWR (durable water repellent) finish prevents saturation and increases abrasion-resistance. Inside, a brushed tricot lining manages moisture and glides smoothly over underlayers. External thigh vents let you regulate your climate on the uptracks and articulated knees and a gusseted crotch provide unlimited mobility for big air shows. Other features include coated, watertight Slim Zips for reduced bulk, gaiters with tenacious gripper elastic and burly scuff guards to protect the bottom hem from edges and postholing abuse. With a slim fit for a more tailored silhouette.
- Fabric: Shell: 2-layer, 4.6-oz 150-denier 100% polyester with waterproof/breathable GORE-TEX® Performance Shell technology and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- Lining: seat, upper thighs: 100% brushed polyester mesh
- Legs: 100% polyester mesh;
- Powder skirt and hood: 2-oz 100% polyester plain weave
- Durable 2-layer polyester
- Slick mesh lining keeps you warm and wicks away moisture
- Waist details: Soft brushed tricot lining wicks moisture
- Adjustable elastic tabs customize the fit; two-snap closure and zip fly
- Loops on rear yoke securely attach pant to powder skirt on any Patagonia® Ski/Snowboard Jacket to keep snow out
- Slim Zip installation with watertight coated zippers for reduced zipper bulk and weight
- Gusseted crotch and articulated knees improve mobility and reduce bulk
- External thigh vents quickly release heat
- Gaiters keep the snow out, while tough scuff guards protect inside of leg and bottom hem
- Pockets: two handwarmers, one back hip, one right thigh - all with secure zip closures
- Slim fit
- Weight: 740 g (26.1 oz)
Purchase the Patagonia Slim Powder Bowl Pants for Men from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- February 3 2012
Fatagonia slims down
I really like Patagonia except for how loose their clothing fits recently. The slim Powder Bowl is the perfect answer to that complaint - I only wish more of their clothing (like the Wool Sweater jackets) had the same option, as I usually look like the Michelin man in their normally sized gear. I'm surprised by Gusto's review about them being too slim. I'm 6'2" and 185 lbs and found them to be just right. I'm sick of all the ski/snowboard clothing getting so baggy that I feel like a flag flapping on a windy day as I ride down the mountain. The only con is that I don't care for the color of the zippers (neon green against my brown pants). I'm not huge on the neon colors that are popular this year and last but will likely be out of style shortly. The zippers are also in awkward places - especially the front hand pockets (the pocket itself is pretty tight).
- October 21 2011
I originally ordered the Mens Powder Bowl/Reg pant to go with the my new Primo Jacket (great product too). I was very disappointed when the pants arrived because of the fit. They seemed to be baggy all the way around, but the pant had great features so I decided to give the Slim Powder Bowl Pant a try. They arrived and fit much better. Im a skier and boarder but not into the excessive baggy look, Im more worried about function and the Slim model def worked better for me. Im 510, 180 Lbs, athletic build and the medium is perfect.
- November 28 2011
I never wore these skiing so I can't comment on their performance, but they were extremely tight out of the box. I am 6 ft 185 lbs. They are called Slim Fit, so I expected them to be fitted, but these were downright tight. Probably a great pant for mountaineering but didn't seem like they would be comfortable on the hill or just standard backcounrty. I ordered the Rubicon at the same time and liked those a lot better.