Patagonia Men's Solar Wind Jacket
Even on sunny days, the wind is a ruthless thief. Hoard your heat with the Men's Solar Wind Jacket from Patagonia. A Gore WINDSTOPPER shell combined with 60-g PrimaLoft Eco polyester insulation (50% recycled) makes for a jacket that guards warmth and blocks wind. Finer points include our new Touch Point System embedded cord locks in the hem for quick adjustment without opening the jacket, two zippered handwarmer pockets (above harness-line), an internal zippered security pocket, low-profile cuff closures and full-reach gusseted underarm panels for mobility.
- Fabric: Shell: 2.8-oz Gore WINDSTOPPER® 100% nylon. Insulation: 60-g PrimaLoft® Eco 100% polyester (50% recycled). Lining: 1.4-oz 20-denier 100% polyester ripstop
- WINDSTOPPER Insulated Shell fabric combined with PrimaLoft insulation is warm, light, compressible and highly weather-resistant
- Interior quilting stabilizes insulation
- Pockets: Harness- and pack-compatible handwarmers with reverse-coil zippers; internal zippered security pocket
- Touch Point System embeds cord locks in the hem for quick adjustments to seal out rain and snow (patented)
- Cuffs have a low-profile closure and pleated gusset
- Regular fit
- Weight: 516 g (18.2 oz)
Purchase the Patagonia Solar Wind Jacket for Men from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- January 3 2012
This is a great jacket. It is windproof, highly water-resistant (though not thoroughly waterproof), lightly insulated, and lightweight. I don't think it's meant to be a hiking jacket (though one could use it for that). For me it functions as a jacket I can wear while walking outside or doing errands in anything but a downpour or temperatures below 20 degrees fahrenheit. I'm not saying I'd choose this jacket to stand at a bus-stop for 45 minutes in 20 degree weather; but I can easily run errands and walk for some time outside in such temperatures. The insulation is thin and light but with the windproof shell it is very warm indeed. It is more conservatively styled but to me that makes it more dressy (for my purposes a good thing). And it weights very little. I can wear this in any temperature from 20-50 degrees without hauling out the winter coat. The lining makes it easy to put on over any kind of layering and the material is quiet. Great jacket.
- December 21 2011
Best jacket I own
I recently bought this jacket in Grey and M size and it's a perfect fit. I have worn it everyday since I got it. I commute to work and wear it over my shirt and tie or even suits and it has served well for my everyday use. It's not too warm, just perfect. I live in Boston and I would recommend this jacket to anyone that is looking for a durable everyday jacket. I haven't used it on the slopes yet but will do so next week and am sure it will serve it's purpose.