Patagonia Men's Super Pluma Jacket
Greenland's Tasermiut Fjord and the Patagonia's Chalten Massif are at opposite ends of their hemisphere, but both have mind-bending climbing - and thoroughly drenching storms. The Patagonia Men's Super Pluma Jacket is the light-and-fast alpinist's choice for waterproof/breathable protection. GORE-TEX Pro Shell uses a superlight-yet-durable face fabric with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and a minimalist micro-grid interior for ultimate breathability. The pressed-pleat torso pockets are streamlined so you can see your feet, while trim, watertight zippers make for clean and easy pit-zips and pocket openings. Underarm gussets keep the jacket down when you raise your arms, and sleek Touch Point System embedded cord locks in the hood and hem allow quick adjustments without opening the jacket. Other details include a helmet-compatible, 2-way adjustable hood with a laminated visor, low-profile cuff closures with a pleated gusset, and a small internal zippered chest pocket.
- Fabric: 3-layer, 3.2-oz 40-denier GORE-TEX® Pro Shell 100% nylon, with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- 3-layer nylon GORE-TEX® Pro Shell
- Helmet-compatible, 2-way-adjustable hood with laminated visor for optimal visibility in bad conditions
- Touch Point System embeds cord locks in the hood and hem for quick adjustments to seal out rain and snow (patented)
- Modified Y-Joint sleeve construction for overhead mobility without jacket lifting
- Pockets: Harness- and pack-compatible chest pocket configuration
- Pressed Pleat pocket construction adds volume in chest pockets without additional seams
- Internal zippered pocket
- Slim Zip installation with watertight
- Coated zippers for reduced zipper bulk and weight on exterior pockets and pit zips
- Cuffs have a low-profile closure and pleated gusset
- Regular fit
- Weight: 428 g (15.1 oz)
Purchase the Patagonia Super Pluma Jacket for Men from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- December 28 2011
This jacket is great. I purchased it to use for Alpine Touring and it is perfect. I can move in it freely and it is just the perfect weight. I do not get too cold or hot. Also, you can add a thin vest underneath if it is a little too cold. Great purchase!