Patagonia Men's Wind Shield Jacket
The wind races in from the Patagonian icecap with such unimaginable velocity that even a simple trail run can seem daunting. But the magic of the place lures you in, so go prepared. The Men's Wind Shield Jacket's stretchy, revised polyester fabric is significantly lighter, with superb compressibility and softness, and is laminated to a polyurethane film for full windproofness. A nonlaminated breathable polyester/spandex brushed fleece covers the underarm panels and cuffs (which have fold-away thumb loops), and a Deluge DWR (durable water repellent) finish sheds light precipitation. Jacket details include a brushed fleece collar for next-to-the-skin comfort, full wind flap and zipper garage, slightly dropped tail, two zippered handwarmer pockets and a rear center-back pocket with a reflective zipper and interior cord pass-through. Reflective logos on the left chest and center back.
- Fabric: Body: 3-layer, 3.5-oz 20-denier 100% polyester laminated to a polyurethane film, with a Deluge® DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Underarms and cuffs: 5.4-oz Polartec® Power Dry® 92% polyester (54% recycled)/8% spandex circular knit fleece, with moisture-wicking performance
- 3-layer circular knit polyester fleece is windproof, stretchy, and provides full protection and comfort
- Lightweight fabric is durable yet supple and extremely packable
- Smooth-faced brushed stretch fleece at under arm panels and cuffs for breathability and quick drying performance
- Full zip through collar with brushed fleece next to skin and full wind flap
- Pockets: two zippered hand pockets; rear center back pocket features interior cord pass-through
- Reflective logos on left chest and center back; back pocket features reflective zipper
- Slight drop tail with single pull drawcord
- Weight: 274 g (9.7 oz)
Purchase the Patagonia Wind Shield Jacket for Men from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- January 31 2011
Not what I was expecting
Can't say that I would recommend this jacket. It was much thinner than I expected. The fit and quality was good, but I can't imagine what conditions I would wear it in. Since it has a slim fit, it isn't good for layering, but it is too thin to provide any protection from the cold. I sent it back.