Patagonia Women's Capilene 2 Lightweight Zip Neck
A versatile essential in any outdoor wardrobe, the Patagonia Capilene 2 Lightweight Crew for Women features open, highly breathable Capilene 2 knit fabric. The lightweight material allows for unhindered airflow and excellent wicking for endurance activities in warm to moderate temperatures. If you're comparing Capilene numbers, Capilene 2 is the fastest-drying Capilene baselayer available from Patagonia. Hikers and climbers like the low-bulk fabric and tapered fit because it layers well with practically any outerwear (Patagonia recommends pairing their Capilene pullovers with Capilene 3 or Capilene 4 fleece in frigid conditions). Patagonia gave their Capilene 2 Crew a curvilinear construction with seams that refuse to chafe beneath a pack or climbing sling. Capilene 2 is also made from quick-wicking, fast-drying 54% post-consumer recycled (and 100% recyclable) polyester that's treated with Gladiodornatural odor control. In a recent research program, Common Threads Recycling Program demonstrated that the environmental impact of recycling worn-out Capilene base layers into new polyester fiber is significantly lower than making that same fiber from virgin materials. When you consider that worn-out garments are diverted from trash incinerators, making new polyester fiber from recycled garments results in an energy savings of 76% and a CO2 emissions (those greenhouse gasses) reduction of 71%, versus creating that fiber from new raw material. It's a design that you can feel good about anywhere on the planet.
- Fabric: 4-oz. 100% polyester (54% recycled) with Gladiodor® natural odor control
- Knit is open for maximum breathability and moisture-management yet insulative enough for active use on chilly days
- Flat-seam construction provides clean, finished look with fine thread for "barely there" seaming
- Self-fabric collar
- Zip neck provides easy internal climate control, with "garaged" zipper ends for a finished look
- Raglan sleeves eliminate chafing from pack straps
- Flat-ribbed underarm and side panels are extra-soft and breathable and provide chafe-free mobility
- Side seams are rolled forward for chafe-free mobility and added comfort under hip belt
- 100% recyclable through the Common Threads Recycling Program
- Weight: 141 g (5 oz)
Purchase the Patagonia Capilene 2 Lightweight Zip Neck for Women from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- October 4 2011
I love these shirts. They are extremely lightweight, breathable and comfortable. The 1/4 zip is great if you get hot. They do pill eventually, but still a great shirt.
- February 6 2011
I went ice climbing this past weekend and this top was the perfect base layer for a long day on the side of the mountain climbing. I recommend this to anyone looking for a comfortable and functional base layer.
- January 30 2011
Love this top!
I'm just back from a week hiking and I wore this top every day. It's comfortable, breathable and looks great. I would highly recommend this top. I'm back in San Diego and I will continue to wear this top when I walk.