Petzl Reverso 3 Belay Device
An ultra light, multi-purpose belay/rappel tool, the Petzl Reverso 3 Belay Device provides a wide range of friction that manages variable rope sizes and uses. Lightweight and easy to use, the asymmetric V-shaped grooved friction channels regulate the amount of braking friction on the rope according to its diameter and conditions. The Reverso 3 provides effective braking on half and twin ropes to 7.5 mm, and effective braking on single ropes to 8.9 mm. To enhance team logistics this device can belay the leader, one or two seconding climbers, independent and simultaneous belaying of one or two seconding climbers, and can be used for rappelling. This tool also allows for quick change-over from Reverso mode to belaying the leader when climbing multi-pitch routes.
- Material: hot-forged aluminum
- Ultra-light design, minimalist construction
- Single device for all rope types gives effective braking on half and twin ropes to 7,5 mm, effective braking on single ropes to 8,9 mm
- Can belay the leader, one or two seconding climbers and can be used for rappelling
- Independent and simultaneous belaying of one or two seconding climbers in Reverso mode
- Quick change-overs from Reverso mode to belaying the leader when climbing multi-pitch routes
- V-shaped friction channels increased friction on thin ropes, adapted for larger diameter ropes, increases holding power in Reverso mode
- Asymmetrically grooved sidewalls increased braking power during a leader or top rope fall or while rappelling
- Rope smoothly slides through device when taking up slack
- Carabiner hole to release device when loaded in Reverso mode
- Will not kink ropes regardless of the mode used
- Separates the two strands of rope when belaying and rappelling
- Reverso mode attachment point is easy to identify
- Keeper cable keeps the device from moving up the rope when belaying and reduces chances of losing the device
- Usage diagrams (standard belay and Reverso modes) engraved on device
- Weight: 72 g.
Purchase the Petzl Reverso 3 Belay Device from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- June 29 2011
great all purpose belay-rappel device
The Petzl Reverso, although the original, has competition in similar products such as the Black Diamond ATC Guide device. The Petzl weighs just a few grams less and costs a little more. I have no complaints about this device. It has so many different options for belaying and should be carried by anyone engaging in a multi-pitch climb. It has so many options that it may well save your life. At the gym, I use a GriGri, but outside, I prefer the Reverso.
- January 25 2010
Great device - no comparable product!
great device - useful for multipitch belay stations! very happy to finally have one!
- December 17 2009
Prompt shipment & delivery. It is a gift fr someone so haven't used it.
- April 1 2009
Light, Easy, and Awesome!
best belay device I own! cant wait till VERSO hits the shelves!
- March 2 2009
really good device the friction groves really help.