Petzl Tikka XP 2 Headlamp
Completely redesigned for this season, the Petzl Tikka XP 2 Headlamp is versatile, powerful, and has 5 lighting modes. Similar to the Tikka Plus 2 headlamp, the Tikka XP 2 integrates to light sources and is equipped with 1 high output white LED and 1 red LED, but the Tikka XP 2 features a wide angle lens, allowing you to choose between a long distance focused beam or flood beam proximity lights. Delivering over 60 lumens of lighting power, the Tikka XP 2 can shine up to 60 meters and light your path for up to 160 hours, in white economy mode. The red light LED option offers better night vision and can be used as a blinking light for safety or a call for rescue. Now easier to operate, the Tikkia XP 2 has a hinged battery compartment that opens wide, an original push-button switch to shift between lighting modes, and a battery charge indicator light, so you won't get caught in the dark. If you are looking for a small, lightweight, energy efficient headlamp that doesn't compromise visibility and shines bright, the Petzl Tikka XP 2 Headlight will deliver. Other LED headlamps you might be interested in are the Petzl Tikka Plus 2, the Petzl Zipka Plus 2, and the Petzl Myo XP.
- Versatile and powerful
- Three lighting modes (maximum and economic and flash)
- Two red lighting modes (Continuous and blinking)
- Focused or wide bean with wide angle lens
- One high output while LED, 60 lumens, shines up to 60 meters
- Flashing modes for communicating a need for rescue or alerting others in urban environment
- Integrated whistle aids calling for help during daytime or when visibility is limited
- Electronic push-button switch
- Battery pack is easy to open
- Light beam can be aimed
- Adapt system is quick to mount
- Push button switch limits inadvertently turning on lamp during storage
- Battery charge indicator
- Compatible with lithium batteries
- Compact, light and comfortable
- Single compartment contains LEDs and batteries
- Adjustable headband
- Battery life: White LED: 80h (Maximum), 160h (Economic), 240h (Flash), Red LED: 100h (Maximum), 750h (Blinking)
- Max distance: White LED: 60m (Maximum), 17m (Minimum), 8400m (Flashing), Red LED: 1000m
- Weight: 88g (including batteries)
Purchase the Petzl Tikka XP 2 Headlamp from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- September 29 2011
Great Headlamp! Very happy
This headlamp is exactly what I wanted. Its bright, has the red light setting that not many headlamps have, and its a pretty good price! The batteries last forever!
- September 21 2011
Pretty in Purple
Got a headlamp with white LED's only? Do you camp? Is it dark by the time u finally sit down for dinner? Tired of bugs who are attracted to the white light dive-bombing your foil dinner? Petzl Tikka XP 2 has a RED led, FTW! Bugs dont seem to be attracted to the red light. I prefer my campout dinners bug-free usually.....not to mention it looks pretty in purple, oh soooo pretty. I have used a Princeton Tec in the past. It cracked along the side. I emailed Princeton Tec 3 times. They claim to have an excellent warranty. I still havent gotten a resonse back. I guess im done buying Princeton Tec products. So far i love this new headlamp. And its purple. Flawless victory.
- August 26 2011
This headlamp is perfect. It's powerful, bright light makes it easy to find your way on the trail. It's lightweight and very comfortable on your head. I really like the settings the light has to offer as well as the diffuser slide. Great lamp for any adventure!
- May 5 2011
It had been a while since I had purchased a new headlamp (other than some of the cheaper ones you get at retail stores) and I'm very impressed with this lamps features and brightness. The last Petzel headlight I owned was on of the regular bulb type which for its time was the best you could get; it weighed a ton (compared to these new LEDs) and took an obscure battery pack you had to special order. The Tikka XP uses regular batteries and is very light. The brightness and zoom options plus the red LED (night vision) are great features. Can't comment on battery life yet as I've only had it a short time.