Rossignol Men's S5 Barras Ski
Some jibbing rides claim to do everything everywhere, but few do it as well as Rossignol's S5 Barras Ski. It makes sense when you think about the fact that this is Whistler native and extreme skier Kye Peterson's ride of choice (yeah, Kye is Trevor's son). To do it right, Rossignol combined a wide, backcountry-oriented 98-mm. waist width with a progressive sidecut. If you've ever been to Whistler/Blackcomb or any other massive mountain resort, you can already guess why this versatile jibber makes sense--in those sorts of places you never know where to find the best snow until you're at least three chairlift rides up the mountain. While other skiers (at least those with a massive family inheritance) can afford to carry a quiver of powder and hardpack skis to the mountain, the S5 Barras ski simplifies your logistics without compromising any of the performance and fun. The Barras incorporates a completely new school design but uses three distinct binding mounting points to match a skier's style. Whether you're into extreme freestyle (like Kye) modern freestyle or the traditional alpine style, you can set the ski up to match your basic ski instincts. The 30-degree slanting sidewalls on the S5 Barras not only improve the grip on hardpack, but also reduce the overall ski swing weight to help make pulling off big tricks easier than most jibbing skis. To keep the ski light and strong, Rossignol added a scratch resistant Mini Rossitop, Rebound tips made from shock-absorbing Visco in the tips and tails, and a durable and lightweight THC2 hybrid core made from both poplar and fume-processed ash. The S5 Barras also features Rossignol's Weight Reduction System (WRS), a patented core design that groups strands of fiber along the core and sidewalls so that everything is aligned with the ski's sidecut shape. This allows for more structural integrity beneath your feet and less density along the tip and tail, giving the ski exceptional snap and lively maneuverability. If you're looking for a binding pairing with this remarkable and versatile jibbing ski, Rossignol recommends their SAS2 Ti 140 Wide Ski Brake binding.
- Developed for expert jibbers who want to rip both backcountry and terrain park in equal amounts
- Dimensions (tip/waist/tail): 128/98/121 mm. in 185-cm. length
- Turn radius: 21.3 m. in 185-cm. length
- Three mounting points on ski
- 30-degree slanting sidewalls for excellent edge control on hardpack
- Rossignol mini cap construction with a rebound tip
- Rocking chair effect
- THC2 hybrid wood core made from poplar and fume-processed ash
- Rossignol WRS (Weight Reduction System) with varied fiberglass along core and sidewalls for improved balance, faster rotation and more snap
- Rossignol recommends pairing this binding with the SAS2 140 Ti Wide binding
Purchase the Rossignol S5 Barras Ski for Men from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.