Simple Men's Over Easy Shoes
The mens Simple Over Easy is probably the most bio-friendly loafer you will ever own. Following the reduce, reuse, recycle and recover principles of design and product development, Simple has created a casual shoe with great looks and is also easy on the environment. Yet there are no compromises in the Simple Over Easys comfort. Slipping into the Over Easy loafer is pure, affordable luxury. The egg crate foam footbed massages your feet all day and the pedbed midsole soaks up the lumps and bumps coming up through the sole. The Simple Over Easy for men is living proof you can tread lightly on the planet in both word and deed.
- Eco-certified suede upper with mottled effect
- Recycled PET gore
- Eco-certified suede rand and collar logo strip
- Certified organic cotton/PET blend lining with plaid print
- Eco-certified suedes come from BLC or ISO 14001 certified tanneries
- Pedbed midsole is an EVA and latex rubber blend with BIO-D to make it biodegrade within 20 years.
- BIO-D convoluted foam footbed inspired by Simple’s Flippee Sandal
- Outsole is 30% recycled rubber, 70% natural rubber blended with BIO-D to make it biodegrade faster
- New outsole design
- Weight: 12 oz, 340g in men’s size 11
Purchase the Simple Over Easy Shoes for Men from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- January 19 2012
Nice looking, slightly disappointing fit
I just received my pair the other day- shipping was prompt and the shoes were packaged nicely. The shoes look great, however, they have some flaws, namely, they are quite narrow. I'm hoping they "break in" but at this point they are a little snug. The left shoe, in my case, is not quite symmetrical to the right. This flaw seems to correct itself when I put the shoes on, but it does look weird when they're off. Again, not a big deal. The price was right when considering I have been looking for a good pair of loafers for months. I was hoping they would fit more like my pair of Clarks #as compfortable as house slippers#, but not so. I checked around to see if they come in a "wide" but apparently they do not. I guess overall I'm slightly dissappointed in them but I do have hope that they will stretch out a bit from wearing. I do like that they are made from recycled materials and that if thrown in a landfill they will breakdown in less than 20 years. I'm hoping to have them at least as long. Caveat emptor.