Smith Women's Variant Brim Helmet
Smith took their ever popular Variant Helmet and plushed it out with girl-friendly accents and colors for the ladies. The Smith Women's Variant Brim Helmet is constructed with Hybrid Shell technology, fusing a hard plastic shell with in-mold foam, to create a lightweight low-profile lid that meets ASTM F 2040 and CE EN 1077:2007 ski and snowboard helmet safety standards. The Adjustable Boa Fit System eliminates pressure points and customizes the fit with a simple twist of the knob each time you wear it while the soft, X-Static Performance lining resists head-stink, regulates your temperature and minimizes static frizz when you take it off for a lunch break in the lodge. A whopping 22 vents channel warm moist air away from your face to help de-fog your goggles and bring cool air in to refresh your scalp, or you can close them all up by sliding the easy-to-adjust-with-gloves-on tab. This ski helmet has ear pads that clip on and off for multi-season use and are compatible with Skullcandy audio systems (sold separately) so you can crank your playlist. A cute little brim on the Smith Variant Brim Helmet for women helps shield your eyes from bright sunny, bluebird days and the blizzard that just rolled in after lunch.
- Hybrid Shell Construction fuses polycarbonate and ABS plastic shells, combines Bombshell technology with In-Mold technology to create a lightweight, low-profile helmet that fits well without compromising protection
- X-Static Performance Lining: inhibits odor retention, regulates temperature and minimizes static; antimicrobial silver ion treatment is permanently bonded so it will not wear off
- 22 Vents: airflow travels from goggles, through internal channels in the foam and out through 22 external vents
- Sliding tab opens and closes vents in of helmet; vents are easy to adjust, even with gloves on
- AirEvac 2 Ventilation System channels warm, moist air away from your goggles and forehead and brings fresh, cool air through your helmet
- Adjustable Boa® Fit System provides an even fit without pressure points, with a simple twist of the knob Boa retracts loose cable and dials in a quick, secure closure
- Snapfit Ear Pads: remove earpads for washing or upgrading to an audio system
- Removable Goggle Lock
- Low-profile dual regulator adjustable climate control
- Compatible with Skullcandy™ Bluetooth®, Twin-Tip and Single Shot audio systems (sold separately)
- Certification: complies with ASTM F 2040, CE EN 1077:2007 CLASS B ski and snowboard helmet safety standards
- Sizing: 51-55 cm (S), 55-59 cm (M), 59-63 cm (L)
- Weight: 15.5 oz, 440 g
Purchase the Smith Variant Brim Helmet for Women from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- January 24 2012
a great purchase
This helmet is very warm. It fits extremely well and is a great great color, It makes me very visible on the mountain. I love the extra padding. My friends say they can more easily spot me on the mountian when I am skiing.
- December 27 2011
Best ski helmet I have worn.
I used this helmet out of the box, getting it fit on the way to the hill in the car; very easy with the boa system. Cold day in the mountains, but the helmet did a great job of ventilating and keeping my goggles fog free [Smith I/OS]. I could even ventilate easily when overheating on the lift. The next day I was in the backcountry, the helmet is light enough that it does not feel like a burden to hike up with, I even wore it skinning back up when the wind was howling to keep me warm with vents open. Do not look further than this helmet for all-around performance.