The Mountaineers Books The Mountaineers Kissing Kilimanjaro
The Mountaineers Kissing Kilimanjaro
- Author: Daniel Dorr
- ISBN: 9781594853708
- Mount Kilimanjaro is sometimes called "Everyman's Everest" because it is possible for a novice climber to reach the summit
- And every year, more than 30,000 adventure tourists try
- But for each person who goes to the mountain, there are thousands more who chat about it at cocktail parties, making plans to go...someday
- That's how Daniel Dorr got started: flirting with a beautiful brunette over hot cocoa and spouting impressive plans
- Six months later, he was lying on the cold gravel trail at 18,000 feet, panting and hacking in the darkness
- Dorr is a typical marketing exec by day but, amped up by his re-acquaintance with a romantic interest, he gained the determination to pursue one of his lifelong dreams -- summiting Kilimanjaro
- When Dorr left behind the familiarity of his weekend-warrior lifestyle in Southern California to reach the top of the 19,340-foot peak, he didn't realize he would cross a threshold to a new way of life
- As he fondles expensive hi-tech gear, gets vaccinated for the jungle, travels local-style across East Africa, and vomits on top of the African continent, readers share in the rewards, both large and small, of reaching for personal fulfillment through adventure travel.
Purchase the The Mountaineers Books The Mountaineers Kissing Kilimanjaro from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.