The Mountaineers Books The Mountaineers Mountaineering: Freedom Of The Hills
The Mountaineers Mountaineering: Freedom Of The Hills
- Author: Mountaineers Books
- ISBN: 9781594851384
- HARDBACK EDITION
- Since publication of the first edition in 1961, Mountaineering: The Freedom of the Hills has endured as the classic mountaineering text
- Novice climbers use it as a primer; veterans use it to review their skills
- Translated into five languages, it has instructed and inspired more than half a million climbers from all over the world
- The fully updated seventh edition maintains the same high standard for complete, authoritative instruction in an easy-to-use format
- From choosing equipment to how to tie a particular knot, from basic rappelling technique to planning an expedition, it's all here in this essential mountaineering reference
- Continued evolution of the sport ensures that climbers who own previous editions will need to "upgrade" to the new seventh edition
- The chapter on aid climbing, for example, has been substantially rewritten to include new aid techniques and equipment
- A new chapter has been added to meet the rising popularity of waterfall ice and mixed climbing.
Purchase the The Mountaineers Books The Mountaineers Mountaineering: Freedom Of The Hills from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.