The Mountaineers Books The Mountaineers Northern Forest Canoe Trail
The Mountaineers Northern Forest Canoe Trail
- Author: Northern Forest Canoe Trail
- ISBN: 9781594850615
- The Northern Forest Canoe Trail (NFCT) links the waterways of New York, Vermont, Quebec, New Hampshire, and Maine
- This is the first official guidebook to the whole 740-mile trail and reflects the broad mission of the NFCT: To celebrate the rich human heritage and diverse natural environment of the Northern Forest by establishing a water trail that traces historic Native American travel routes across the region
- The route's variety of flat water, swift water, and whitewater-expanding across a range of rivers, streams, lakes, and ponds-provides extensive opportunities for canoe, kayak, and camping recreation
- Vibrant communities along the way offer inns, B&Bs, and museums, as well as other recreational and historical attractions
- This guidebook goes beyond route information to serve as a narrative of the natural, human, and cultural legacy of the region and its wonderful accessibility to visitors.
Purchase the The Mountaineers Books The Mountaineers Northern Forest Canoe Trail from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.