The Mountaineers Books The Mountaineers Weekend Rock Washington
The Mountaineers Weekend Rock Washington
- Author: David Whitelaw
- ISBN: 9780898869842
- This guide is for climbers with busy lives who want to make the most of their time on the rock
- Trips can be completed in a day or two: most approaches are short, drive time from urban centers is noted, and estimated climbing times range from a few minutes to a full day for these routes rated 5.0 to 5.10a
- But-more important-these routes have been selected for quality of experience, rated on a three-star system
- There is something here for everyone: sandstone pinnacles, alpine granite, and cliffs rising above high desert terrain
- There are classic routes like Midway on Castle Rock (Washington's first rock climb and a super-classic 5.6, a great multi-pitch route for intermediate leaders) and routes in two previously unpublished areas, Banks Lake and The Half Moon Crags
- Other major climbing areas featured are Leavenworth, Index, Darrington, Tieton, Mount Erie, Exit 38, and Frenchman Coulee.
Purchase the The Mountaineers Books The Mountaineers Weekend Rock Washington from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.