The North Face Base Camp Duffle Bag
Travel insurance is for civilized travel. Consider this Base Camp Duffle Bag from The North Face travel insurance for destinations that rarely earn a footnote in most travel guides. While it doesn't offer the hardshell protection of a suitcase or rolling luggage, the flexible and rugged ballistics nylon fabric allows you to easily wedge it into the tight spaces commonly associated with single-engine planes, rusting bus roof racks or across the back of a long-haired Himalayan yak. Along the outside of this expedition-style duffel are four compression straps to help you reduce the overall size of your back to manageable, flop-free proportions. The North Face added durable shoulder straps on the Base Camp Duffle Bag to assist you with those outdoor situations when you're the only source of transportation until the next village. The external fabric and durable locking zippers are not fully waterproof, but The North Face Base Camp Duffle Bag is water resistant enough to pretty much eliminate the penetration of dew, brief rain or the stench of unwashed yak fur.
- Fabric: 840D ballistics nylon coated with a phthalate-free TPE laminate
- Shoulder straps have an alpine-cut
- D-zip with locking zipper and zipper flap
- Internal mesh pockets inside main compartment
- External ID pocket
- Twin haul handles at ends of bag
- Dimensions (small): 20 in x 12 in x 12 in, 51 cm x 31 cm x 31 cm
- Dimensions (medium): 24 in x 15 in x 15 in, 61 cm x 38 cm x 38 cm
- Dimensions (large): 28 in x 16 in x 16 in, 71 cm x 41 cm x 41 cm
- Dimensions (X-large): 32 in x 19 in x 19 in, 81 cm x 48 cm x 48 cm
- Volume: 1525 cu in, 25 liters (X-small); 2560 cu in, 42 liters (small); 4200 cu in, 70 liters (medium), 5600 cu in, 90 liters (large), 9070 cu in, 140 liters (X-large)
- Weight: 2 lb 5 oz, 1050 g (X-small); 2 lb 12 oz, 1250 g (small); 3 lbs 8 oz, 1600 g (medium), 4 lbs, 1820 g (large), 4 lb 15 oz, 2240 g (X-large)
Purchase the The North Face Base Camp Duffle Bag from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- February 10 2012
This is a great duffel. It's solid and durable. I ended up getting the small for use when traveling. It's a great carry-on bag when flying on 2-3 day trips. I highly recommend this duffel. You won't be sorry.
- December 4 2011
I was torn between the Small and Med. I plan on using this for a bag to haul all my essentials to work but also use it as a carry on bag when I fly. I am glad I went with the small, it is perfect and is just under the allotted measurements to use as a carry on.
- November 28 2011
TNF BombProof Duffle
I purchased a new North Face Base Camp Duffle in size XL in Zest Orange. It is replacing my eight year old Base Camp Duffle that had travelled over 200,000 air miles on numerous adventures -it is now in possession of my youngest son, who undoubtedly will have it for another 8 years without failure. The design of the bag has changed little over the years. The zipper is uber durable. The mesh top pocket makes quick access easy for those special items. The exterior fabric shreds that shower while sitting on the tarmac or before you can get your stuff under cover at your campsite. The external compression straps are great to compress a partially filled bag. The padding has been improved on the shoulder straps from my vintage bag. The only problem with the XL size bag is keeping the weight under 50 pounds for the airline baggage scales! Get one you can't go wrong!
- November 7 2011
NF basecamp duffel
The bag is sleek, stealthy and bombproof. Can be dressed up or down with other luggage, great for sneaky weekend getaways or trips to the city. I want the whole fleet of sizes but just dont need all of them..............