The North Face Great Smoky 20 Degree Sleeping Bag
Ready for sleepovers, camping trips and overnight summer adventures in the backyard, The North Face Great Smoky Bx Sleeping Bag has a rectangular design and overlapping shingle construction that's comfort rated to 20F. What that means is there's a pretty good chance that your kid is going to sleep through the night--provided that you remember to do bathroom breaks before bedtime. The rectangle shape offers exceptional room so your kid won't feel stifled or hindered from changing positions in the middle of the night. This can result in a better night's rest that will keep everyone happy on camping trips and cabin visits. The North Face Great Smoky Bx Sleeping Bag also features kid-friendly easy grab zippers for quick and unassisted exits at breakfast time.
- Soft 100% polyester Enduralite shell fabric
- Synthetic H.O.T.™ (Heatshield Optimal Technology) SL insulation
- Silky smooth polyester taffeta fabric liner
- Overlapping shingle construction helps eliminate cold spots
- Kid-friendly easy-grab zipper pull tabs and an adjustable drawcord top opening
- Lined zipper column for extra comfort
- Convenient external zippered chest pocket for holding watches and other important stuff
- Two bags can be zipped together to form a double bag
- Rectangular construction for extra room that's great for bunks and can be unzipped and used as a comforter
- Recommended for kids up to five feet in height (152 cm.)
- Right-hand configuration only in youth sizes
- Comfort rated to 20F (-7C)
- External length: 68 in. (173 cm.)
- Shoulder circumference: 56 in. (142 cm.)
- Hip circumference: 56 in. (142 cm.)
- Foot circumference: 56 in. (142 cm.)
- Stuff sack dimensions: 8 x 17 in. (20 x 43 cm.)
- Weight: 3 lbs. 3 oz. (1,445 g.)
Purchase the The North Face Great Smoky 20 Degree Sleeping Bag from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- October 22 2007
Fantastic for Kids!
This bag is stellar for your young kids, breaths well and is indestructible. great for camping
- July 13 2011
For Kids More Than For Adults
This bag is great for my kids to take up the mountain/canyon or on a class trip. I wouldn't take it trekking or the like: too bulky. Also, it is difficult to fit it into the stuff sack, so I bought one an inch larger each way from another company.
- September 29 2010
OK, as the price
It is a good enough product as its price. It is a little heavy than I image. I am 150cm, and this junior bag seems a little bit short for me. I need to put my pillow out side the bag so my toes will not touch the bottom of the bag. The stuff sac is too small for the sleeping bag. It is hard to put the bag totally inside the sac.
- July 27 2011
Bulky and not so warm
I recently used this on an overnight trip in Denali National Park, AK. It was around 35 degrees at night and I was FREEZING!!! I'm also 4'11 and I thought this would be the perfect size for me but actually, it's a little too small. It also takes up the entire bottom section of my pack! I will be returning this one.