The North Face Women's Mountain Light Jacket
Fully waterproof and breathable, The North Face Mountain Light Jacket for women is a perfect all-weather shell for any wet or damp outdoor activity. The exterior fabric features two-ply Gore-Tex Performance Shell with durable nylon plain weave Gore-Tex Performance reinforcement panels in key abrasion areas. It's tough enough for camping, hiking, climbing and backpacking, but also suitable for everyday rain wear at sporting events and outdoor concerts. The Women's Mountain Light Jacket is also Zip-in compatible with other identically sized Zip-in compatible clothing from the North Face, so you can integrate this shell with a Zip-In fleece jacket or down vest and use it for alpine or Nordic skiing. Newly redesigned zippered hand pockets double as core vents, reducing the jacket weight and helping you cool on prolonged ridgeline ascents. If you have valuables but you need the venting, leave the hand pockets unzipped and transfer your belongings into the zippered security pocket inside the jacket.
- Body fabric: Two-ply 50D x 50D 92 g/m², 2.7 oz/yd² polyester Gore-Tex® Performance
- Abrasion panels: Two-ply 70D x 70D 136 g/m², 4.0 oz/yd² nylon plain weave Gore-Tex® Performance
- Lining: Embossed taffeta
- Waterproof, breathable and fully seam sealed
- Zip-in compatible with identically sized Zip-in compatible outerwear from The North Face
- Fully adjustable and removable drop hood features lower face protection
- Brushed collar lining
- Center front zipper with Velcro® wind flap closure
- Mesh-lined zippered hand pockets double as core vents
- Elastic and Velcro® adjustable cuffs
- Hem cinch cord
- Weight: 534 g, 18.84 oz
Purchase the The North Face Mountain Light Jacket for Women from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- April 16 2011
A Versatile Jacket
I was looking to replace an old, old Royal Robbins jacket that had seen better days. My objective was to find a waterproof, breathable, three-season jacket that I could wear alone or with a fleece jacket or vest. This seems to fit the bill, although I have only worn it for a couple of weeks. Best features: style, color, comfort, generously long sleeves, and (essential for hiking) pit zips. Worst feature: the inexcusable omission of a loop for hanging the jacket on a hook. (Really NF! How much could that cost?) Re sizing, I am 5"7" and 150 lbs., I usually wear a size 12, and the Large JUST fits.
- January 4 2011
Fits very true to size!! Looks and fits great alone or with puffy underneath!!!