The North Face Women's Sable Mid GTX XCR Hiking Boot
Lightweight, mid-cut women's day hiking shoe provides maximum agility and performance with a waterproof, breathable Gore-Tex membrane and a grippy, durable Vibram rubber outsole.
- [UPPER] Gore-Tex® waterproof, breathable membrane
- Combination BLC compliant nubuck and synthetic suede leather upper
- Abrasion-resistant and breathable textile mesh
- Gusseted tongue provides protection from unwanted debris
- Tec Tuff high abrasion protective toe and heel cap
- Northotic ergonomically designed footbed
- [BOTTOM] Exclusive, lightweight women-specific Vibram® rubber Outsole
- Heal Cradle technology encompassing a dual-density EVA midsole with a compression-molded EVA X-2 heel insert
- ESS shank for midfoot stability encompassing Snake Plate forefoot push-through protection technology
- Secondary midfoot nylon shank for additional support
Purchase the The North Face Sable Mid GTX XCR Hiking Boot for Women from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- January 2 2012
The shoes are comfortable right out of the box.
I thought I would have to break these in but they were comfortable the very first wear. I went for a 3 mile walk uphill to give em a trial. They were easy on my ankles and wore quite well.
- August 2 2011
These boots are so lightweight and comfortable - I love them! I went on a very short hike recently, which required me to walk on some rocks to cross a creek, and the tread made me feel very stable. I haven't tested the waterproof-ness of them yet, but the Gore-Tex lining looks to be sewn in well, so I can't wait to try it out. I bought a size 10 based on a similar North Face boot that I tried on in a store, and these fit perfectly. Depending on the brand, I wear a 10 or 10.5, so I would say that these may run just a tiny bit large. My feet are also a little wide, and these give me good space.
- January 4 2012
I really wanted to like these shoes, but... The insole was not cushy enough, there was rubbing on the side of my right big toe, and there was discomfort on my left foot right below the toes where I bend my foot while walking. Maybe a larger size would help some, but it would not address the lack of cushiness. They are going back.