TrekSta Men's Assault GTX Hiking Boots
When that peak calls your name, answer it with the Men's Assault GTX Hiking Boots from Treksta. From the minute you tighten the laces, you'll know this boot is built with your year-round backpacking trips in mind.
- Gore-Tex®waterproof/breathable membrane for dry feet
- NestFIT sytem cradles your feet, accounting for every contour as it follows the natural flow and design of the foot. Upper, insole, midsole, and outsole come together like never before
- Lightweight, variable-density Zero-Gravity EVA midsole joins the sole and insole to create a a supportive whole
- Triple-density EVA insole supports the arch, cushions key strike zones, and strengthens your stride
- Molded leather heel system for superior lateral support
- Full-length nestFIT shaped nylon shank between insole and midsole provides plenty of protection from varying trail conditions.
- HyperGrip sole provides traction in any condition
- Weight: 19 oz. (per shoe sz 9)
Purchase the TrekSta Assault GTX Hiking Boots for Men from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- January 21 2012
good not great
I am a big fan of the Treksta nestfit system and expected to love these boots and have them fit the bill for backpacking trips. The problem I've had is with the heel cup of these boots being not secure enough; leading to blisters/ hot spots on the back of the heel. I have found a solution to this; I hope, by using smartwool heavy weight phd socks which are thicker in the heel. I also have a slight problem keeping the tongue from sliding off to the side. Otherwise, I have found these to be comfortable and lightweight with an excellent, sticky sole. I love the nestfit comfort and feel and find that I need to order 1/2 size smaller for proper fit.