Yakima PowderHound w/locks
The Yakima PowderHound w/locks carries up to 4 pairs of skis or 2 snowboards. Universal mounting hardware fits round, square and most factory crossbars right out of the box. This is the "family-size" Powderhound.
- Yakima has upgraded their classic. The new and improved Powderhound features a more secure hold and a new opening mechanism that is easy and reliable
- Ski Lift feature increases roof clearance so that skis and boards with tall bindings can be placed with the bindings down, to maximize carrying capacity
- One-button access means you can open it easily with one hand, even with gloves on
- Soft rubber in the jaws cradles gear and prevents damage
- Carries up to 4 pairs of skis or 2 snowboards
- Universal mounting hardware fits round, square and most factory crossbars right out of the box.
- IncludesSKS Lock Cores to secure your gear toyour rack system
- Locking: Yes
- Attachment: Round bars, square bars, and some factory racks
- Soft rubber jaw pads
- One button opening
- Dimensions: 30"L x 2-3/4"W x 4-1/2"H
- Weight: 7.1 lbs
Purchase the Yakima PowderHound w/locks from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- April 12 2011
Overall this is a good rack for transporting skis. Installation was fairly easy, although I have OEM factory installed cross bars and the screws provided with the mounts worked but seemed to be a little short given that the screw is supposed to stick out on the bottom of each mount (mine did but not by very much). They do come with longer screws to use as an alternative but those were way too long, and yes, my car's year, make and model number were all listed as compatible on the box. The rack closures are made of plastic and seemed a bit flimsy to me at first but ended up working just fine. We did have a tough time closing one of the racks the first couple times but the difficulty seemed to resolve itself the more we used the rack, so perhaps it just had to be broken in a bit. All in all, I'm quite happy with this rack.