Zeal Optics Transcend SPPX Goggle
Goggles and sunglasses designer Zeal Optics has partnered with Recon Instruments to produce the Transcend Goggle snow goggles. These are the first goggles to feature built-in GPS capability and an onboard display. The Transcend goggles provide real-time location, speed, and altitude data while you ski, snowboard, or snowmobile. Out of the box the Transcend goggles are impressive. They feature Zeal's contemporary styling, and have a substantial feel. Although they look a little bulky, the goggles do not feel heavy or too large when worn. They are well vented (I never had a fogging problem) and provide great visibility and optics. But what really sets the Transcends apart from other goggles is the on-board GPS and data display. A small pod built into the lower edge of the right lens area contains a tiny color LCD display mounted behind a compact lens.
- 2 lens options: SPPX polarized + photochromatic, SPX polarized lens
- Head mount display-LCD display mounted inside goggle
- USB port for downloading and analyzing stats on your computer
- Full GPS capabilities
- Real time stats
- Vertical odometer
- Stop watch/chromos mode
- Goggle map overlay
- Rechargeable lithium battery – 7 hrs run time
- European and American adaptors
- Recon Instruments software
- Includes: protective hard case, lens clean bag, micor USB charger
- Weight: 257 g
Purchase the Zeal Optics Transcend SPPX Goggle from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- January 1 2011
works great but is a bit large
Everything about the functionality is great. It is easy to read the unobtrusive red screen below the right eye and the GPS gives great information. For me, however, the goggles are a bit too large and reach down to the tip of my nose.