We know. We know what you’re thinking: What in the heck do cutesy animal videos have to do with ADVENTURE? Well, in our defense, baby animals are synonymous with spring and they love the outdoors. That's just a fact. And after last week’s spring-fever-prompted Top 10 Nature Videos, we were flooded with too many too-great-to-resist animal videos and just had to give them a list of their own.
Still skeptical? Watch this first one, and we promise you’ll want to see more. Just try and resist the unbearable cuteness—it’s tougher than an Everest summit, we say. That’s right, Ed Viesturs.
10. This one needs no explanation beyond it’s YouTube title: “Otters holding hands.” For the love…
9. Uzumma, a baby Western Lowland Gorilla takes its first steps at Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle:
8. Kingsford the house piglet, getting up to tricks:
7. Baby elephants playing:
6. Conchita, a baby White Naped Mangabey, eating:
5. With no human encouragement, Tarra the elephant adopted a stray dog, Bella, at the Elephant Sanctuary (http://www.elephants.com) in Tennessee. That was several years ago, and now the two are inseparable:
4. Hadiah, a baby Sumatran Tiger Cub in the nursery at Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle:
3. Three baby pandas, drinking milk at a sanctuary in Sichuang China:
2. Baby penguins, taking their first steps, in Antarctica—a scene from NG’s own March of the Penguins:
1. Remember that 1986 live-action, cat-and-dog-make-friends flick, The Adventures of Milo & Otis? Yes, you do:
I hereby nominate Omni, the orphaned baby rhino, and his baby warthog pal, Digby (yep, grab your hankies: another orphan), to star in its sequel:www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOn2RhH36Mc&feature=related
Do you have an idea for an ADVENTURE Top Ten list? Let us know by posting it in the Comments section below.